Monday, 23th May, 2016

19:00 – Departure from BUASVM Timisoara to Recas (by bus)

19:30 – Arrival Recas Winery (

19:30 – 23:00 – Wine tasting and Special Dinner

23:00 – Departure from Recas

23:30 – Arrival in Timisoara (Hotels)


Tuesday, 24th May, 2016

14:00 – 18:00 – Guided visit – Timisoara Historical Centre

14:00 – Departure from BUASVM Timisoara to Historical Centre (by bus)

poza14:30 – 17:30 Walking Tour Timisoara Historical Centre, with ½ hour tasting of local cake ‘’Papanasi’’ - a Romanian traditional fried or boiled pastry resembling a small sphere, usually filled with soft cheese and any kind of sour jam. The word ‘’papanași’’ may come from the Latin papa or pappa, which means "food for children".


Walking Tour Timisoara Historical Centre:







Maria Theresa Bastion: built between 1730-1735, today the largest preserved part of the ancient city walls of Timisoara.













Unirii Square is the oldest square in Timisoara, Baroque-style. Throughout its history it has been named market and Hauptplatz (Main Square), Domplatz (Cathedral square) and Losonczy Square. Union Square's name was given in 1919, because here they stopped Romanian troops who entered in Timisoara. The square host the major tourist attractions such as the Roman Catholic Dome, Baroque Palace, Serbian Orthodox Cathedral, Holy Trinity Monument, mineral water fountain.















Entrance Roman Catholic Dome: Completed in 1773, the Roman Catholic Dome is classified by specialists as "the most representative construction of Timisoara baroque". The building has the shape of a cross, tall doors, oak railings decorated with pure nickel. Regarding inside the Dome, near the main altar dominates two large statues sculptured Viennese Johann Joseph, and a pair of cherubs that dominates the central altar decorations. Some of the works are precious decorative art Viennese silver lampstand, so-called "eternal light" big monsters, gilded, several bowls, and cross ceremonial chamber, silver. Outstanding acoustics, concerts are held here at the famous replica of the organ in the church of St. Sulpice in Paris.
















The Baroque Palace: entrance Baroque Hall: The Baroque hall dates from 1754, when the Baroque Palace was arranged as a residence for civil governor of Banat, Count Vilana Perlas. The main entrance to the building is from the market and through the portal from Charles Street (today Florimund Mercy). Above this portal is the Baroque hall, functioning as the great hall of fame, with responsibilities festive, specific provincial baroque type. Keeping mostly original stylistic coherence and chromatic restoration Baroque Hall was completed in November 2010.

















Liberty Square: The Market Prince Eugene of Savoy was built towards the middle of the eighteenth century. A period was known and recognized as Weapons Market, Market Square military parades. It was named the Liberty Square in 1848, with the outbreak of the Hungarian revolution, but after the army retook Austrian market town returned to the name of Prince Eugene of Savoy Square. The oldest building in this area is considered New Generalate in 1730. In the middle of the square stands a baroque statue of the Virgin Mary and St. Nepomuk.











Victory Square formerly Opera Square is one of the central squares of the city of Timisoara, where Timisoara was proclaimed December 20, 1989 the first free town in Romania. At opposite poles are market the Opera House in the North and the Metropolitan Cathedral in the South.

Around the market are important institutions such as Romanian Opera, National Theatre, Hungarian Theatre, German State Theatre, Orthodox Metropolitan Cathedral, Cinemas Timis, Capitol and Studio, Banat’s Museum, art galleries and shops.

























Victory Square was designed in the early twentieth century when the old fortress walls were undergoing demolition, and the center of Timisoara was redesigned to allow development of the city. 1872 was built the National Theatre. Since 1906, the square has been designed as a boulevard-wide esplanade. 1988-1989, with the removal of tram lines, it has become completely pedestrian.

From the Opera to the Cathedral, the promenade on the right is called "Corso" and on the left "Surrogate". In the past, ‘’Corso’’ was the ride of Timisoara’s high society, with restaurants and luxury shops. Opposite the Opera House, on the right is the old building of the Hotel Timişoara (1928-1929). Next to this is the beginning of Republic Avenue and Palace Weiss (1912). From here begins the promenade itself, with Lloyd Palace (1912), the Rectorat of the Polytechnic University and downstairs the famous Lloyd restaurant. In order follows Neuhausz Palace and Palace Merbl, Dauerbach (1913), and at the end Palace Szechenyi Palace (1913).

"Surrogate" is the promenade on the left side with direct continuation on the Alba Iulia street. In the past it was strolled by youth and workers. The first building is the Palace Löffler, followed by the Palace Chamber of Commerce (1938), on the street side, Scala Cinema, later changed to Studio. At the end of the promenade there is a series of residential buildings constructed between 1961-1963.

In the centre of the square, there is the Wolf statue, supported by a 5m high pillar, a replica of Lupa Capitolina, given 1926 by the city of Rome to Timisoara.












The Orthodox Cathedral (entrance in the cathedral) is the seat of the Archbishop of Timişoara and Metropolis of Banat. It is dedicated to the Three Holy Hierarchs, Saints Basil the Great, Gregory the Theologian, and John Chrysostom. It has 11 towers, of which the central and highest has 90.5 meters. The cathedral was raised between 1936 and 1941, in Neo-Moldavian style, with late Renaissance, Ottoman, and Byzantine architecture elements.











17:30 – Departure from Timisoara Historical Centre to Hotels / BUASVMT (by bus)

Save to PDF